Sunday, June 15, 2008

Greetings from across the globe

Alright so here goes the first post . . .

Sorry for the delay but the only time I can get good internet connection is when we head back to home port in southampton and I go to the internet cafe. Anyways, life here takes a lot to get used to but once you get the hang of things is pretty cool. Basically I wake up every day in a new country or city, go ashore for a few hours and get some local food and see the sights. Then I head back on the ship to work and do it all over again the next day.

To answer some of the basic questions:

Food: Ship food is horrible (unless your a passenger of course).
Cabin: I get my own room in a passenger area, pretty sweet!
Work: not very hard but can be some long hours when we are at sea all day.
People: Americans on the ship are a minority. out of 1001 crew members there are only 14 of us and i only know about 9 of them including me. However everyone i've met so far is good.

No comments: